Brooklawn UMC Worship “On the Road”!
Our 11:00am Morning Worship service on May 26, the Sunday before Memorial Day, will be held again this year at the Brooklawn American Legion Post 72 as an outreach to our community and to honor deceased veterans. It will be a special service! We would LOVE to have you join us as we honor the sacrifices of important members of our church and our town through a special video: “The Heroes Project.” The service will be a casual time for us to mingle together as a community and to honor our heroes.
The Legion will bring in the colors and we will sing patriotic songs and our church choir will sing. The chairs will have cushions and there will be delicious snacks. There will be a power point so you can follow along. Pastor Amey will deliver a short message from his heart.
All are invited to join us: Legion members, town officials and members of the community! Sunday School will end at 10:30 that morning so people will have time to travel down the street to the Legion Post where the “He-brews Café” will be held. The Legion is handicapped accessible with PLENTY of parking!!!
Celebrating Our 100th Anniversary -- BLOCK PARTY!!
Brooklawn UMC is celebrating our 100th year of ministry in our community! We have some great anniversary events as part of our celebrating, and we’d like to let you know some of those plans.
This year we are planning a special block party on Maude Ave. and Noreg Place and inviting the whole neighborhood/town! Plan to come out for great music, fun activities, games, a balloon artist, bounce house and fantastic food on Saturday afternoon June 8th from 4:00-7:00pm (rain date Sunday afternoon June 9)! K- LOVE Christian Radio will be with us as well!
PLEASE! WE NEED YOUR HELP! This is one of the biggest outreaches we have ever tried. It means “all hands on deck” to help run games, staff areas, man the grills, etc. We hope you’ll plan to come out and mingle, enjoy and share the love with our neighbors and others from town. Let’s show Christ’s love as we celebrate the middle of our anniversary year!
Vacation Bible School 2019
Vacation Bible School (VBS) is held the last 2 weeks in June at the Brooklawn United Methodist Church. Our 2019 VBS is “To Mars and Beyond!” Explore Where God’s Power Can Take You, based on Ephesians 3:20. This year’s dates are June 17 through June 27th and is held from
9:00am - 11:45am Monday through Friday the first week and Monday through Thursday the second week.
Children ages 3 (potty trained) through going into 7th grade are invited to meet outside the church each morning to begin a fun filled day of singing, Bible lessons, recreation, snack and crafts.
Click on the link to download a registration form. Register for VBS The completed form can come the first day, but if you send it ahead, kids will be sent a “fast pass” sticker, and be able to avoid the registration line. There is no cost for VBS; however an offering is taken each day to help with the costs.
In the evenings, our teens meet for a lesson and an activity… sometimes bowling, golfing, picnics, games…you get the idea. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the church at 856-456-0370.
Celebrating Our 100th Anniversary (continued)
• We have fantastic Anniversary T-shirts, polos, sweatshirts, hats, totes and other items for sale with two different logos which celebrate our 100 years for all to see. If you’d like one or more, see the order form in The Lamplighter or on the memorial table in church. We will be ordering at various times as we get enough requests.
• Our church had its first worship service on Nov. 30, 1919. Nov. 30, 2019 is a Saturday, so we felt it was an appropriate day for an anniversary celebration dinner from 5:00-8:00pm. We will be holding a catered dinner right here in town at the American Legion Post #72. It’s a community event, and the Legion Hall is very close to the location where the first service was held on New Broadway. So save the date!
• The next day, December 1st, will be our anniversary worship service. (Like the first service in 1919, it will be the 1st Sunday of Advent!)
• Our Pictorial Directory filled with pictures of our church family and fantastic activity pages is about to go to press! Keep your eyes open for the announcement of its availability.
• We also hope to produce a new anniversary video and history, and we are hoping you will be willing to contribute items to it! We’d like to interview some of our long term members and have them share some memories, but we want everyone who is willing to share memories. So, look over the following questions (which we have had our 50 year members write out responses to when we recognize them), and feel free to write out some of your thoughts. Include your name, please, and we’ll have a box on the back table of the church where you can deposit your responses.
1. What is your favorite memory or memories of the church?
2. What does the church mean to you?
3. How has the church blessed your life spiritually?
4. What advice would you give to our younger members?
5. What would you like to see our church accomplish in the next 5-10 years?
6. What is your favorite hymn?
7. What is your favorite Bible verse, book of the Bible, or Bible story/ Why?
8. How did you come to belong to our church?
9. What people from the church family have influenced you over the years?
Brooklawn UMC Christian Nursery School is pleased to announce the opening of registrations for the 2019-2020 school year of our Nursery School program. This Fall begins their 46th year of providing a quality, loving, and distinctively Christian pre-school experience for hundreds of 3 and 4 year olds. Parents interested in having a child in the Nursery School this Fall, may call the church office at (856) 456-0370 and give the child’s name & birthdate, as well as phone number & address or they may send the information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BUMC Christian Nursery School meets Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings from 9:00-11:30am beginning September 10, 2019. There is a $30 registration fee and the tuition is only $30 per week. All children, regardless of race, religion or national origin are welcome at BUMC CNS.
We're on Facebook!
Keep up to date through our Facebook page! We try to keep everything current on this site, but our Facebook page is sometimes even more up to date! Visit our page and give us a few "Likes!" Do you realize that everytime you "like" something on Facebook, everybody you are friends with will see that "like"? What easier, better way to spread the word about Brooklawn UMC, than to network through social media to all your friends about your church family!! So "Like" us on Facebook. Go to www.facebook.com/brooklawnumc and check us out!