Brooklawn United Methodist Church
213 Maude & Hannevig Aves.
Brooklawn, New Jersey 08030
Pastor: Rev. Daniel J. Amey
OUR SERVICES ARE LIVE STREAMED!!
We are Live Streaming our 11am worship on Sunday mornings via Facebook Live. (You don't need to have Facebook to watch it.) In order to watch our service live, simply click here for Live Stream Worship or go to www.Facebook.com/brooklawnumc. We have also saved the videos from each of the past week's services and the links for each video are posted below. All you need to do to watch a previous service is click the link of the service you want to watch, and you will be taken to the video on Facebook. We will be doing that each week, so if you're not able to connect at the live time, you can check back later.
WE ALSO HAVE REOPENED OUR CHURCH BUILDING FOR IN-PERSON WORSHIP!!!
Please enter by an open door, if you've not been vaccinated, wear a mask, and respect other's space. At present we are only meeting at 11:00am for Sunday Morning Worship. We will announce when Sunday School will resume.
Sunday, July 18, 2021 Part 2 (special music & sermon)
Sunday, July 18, 2021 Part 1
Sunday Morning Worship. July 11, 2021 "What Do You Do When Your World Falls Apart?" Wayne Hill preaching
Fourth of July Sunday Morning Worship, "A Christian in a non-Christian Nation"
Sunday Morning Worship, June 27, 2021 "Would You Like to Live Forever?" Dr. Rich Leaver
Father's Day Sunday morning June 20, 2021 "What is That in Your Hand?"
Sunday morning June 13, 2021 "The Four ALLS of Salvation"
Sunday, June 6, 2021 "Let's Go to the House of the Lord"
Brooklawn American Legion Memorial Day service- May 31, 2021
Conclusion of American Legion Post 72 Memorial Day service
Memorial Day Sunday, May 30, 2021 "He Died for Me" (Part 1)
Memorial Day Sunday, May 30, 2021 Part 2
Pentecost Sunday, May 23, 2021 "Don't Forget the Batteries!"
Sunday, May 16, 2021 "Signs of a Vital Church"
Mother's Day Sunday, May 9, 2021 "Love is a Verb"
Sunday May 2, 2021, "The Power of Forgiveness"
Sunday, April 25, 2021 "The Good Shepherd"
Funeral Service for Anna M. Grant, April 24, 2021
Sunday, April 18, 2021 "The Ultimate Question"
Sunday, April 11, 2021 "He Called My Name"
Easter Morning Worship Resurrection Sunday April 4, 2021 "What Difference Does It Make?"
Easter Sonrise Service, April 4, 2021 "Tidings of Comfort and Joy!"
Good Friday evening, April 2, 2021 "What Shall I Do with Jesus?"
Holy Thursday, April 1, 2021 "We Remember"
Palm Sunday, March 28, 2021 "The Triumph and the Tragedy"
Sunday March 21, 2021 "Who Will Deliver Me?"
Sunday, March 14, 2021 "God's Workmanship"
Sunday morning March 7, 2021, Mark Ford- Atlantic City Rescue Mission
Funeral Service for Judy Glick, March 6, 2021
Sunday Evening Mission Month Wrap up, February 28, 2021- God's Goal announced
Sunday February 28, 2021, Mission Month with HVMI Team
Funeral Service for Dixon Morgan 2/26/2021
Sunday February 21, 2021 Mission Month: Daniel & Esther Sawyer, Neighborhood Crusades
Funeral Service for Denise Madjeski
Valentine's Sunday, February 14, 2021 "What the World Needs Now is..."
Sunday February 7, 2021 Mission Month: Bill & Brenda Antinore with Seeds of Hope
Sunday Morning January 31, 2021 "God is Able"
Sunday, January 24, 2021 "The Life That Rings True" Psalm 1
Herb Gansz Funeral 1/23/2021
Sanctity of Human Life Sunday, January 17, 2021 "Do I Really Matter to God?"
Sunday January 10, 2021 "Why Did God Allow That to Happen?"
Sunday January 3, 2021 Wesley Covenant Communion
Watch Night New Year's Eve Communion 2020
Sunday morning December 27, 2020 "Waiting on God"
Christmas Eve Candle Light Service 12-24-2020, "God's Indescribable Gift"
Christmas Eve Children's Story 4:00pm
Fourth Sunday of Advent, December 20, 2020 "The Power of Love" Wayne Hill
Third Sunday of Advent December 13, 2020 "Let Your Balloon Go!" Glenn Grant
Second Sunday of Advent December 6, 2020 "Prince of Peace"
First Sunday of Advent: Nov. 29, 2020 "Watchful Hope"
Thanksgiving Morning Worship, Nov. 26, 2020
Sunday, November 22, 2020 "Giving Thanks Before Thanksgiving"
Sunday,, November 15, 2020 "Persecuted because of righteousness"
Sunday, November 8, 2020 "Peacemakers"
Sunday, November 1, 2020 The Pure in Heart will See God
Sunday October 25, 2020 "Blessed are the merciful"
Sunday October 18, 2020 "Hungering and Thirsting for Righteousness"
Sunday October 11, 2020 Part 1 (sound not good) Part 2
Sunday, October 4, 2020 Part 1 Sunday, October 4, 2020 Part 2
Sunday, September 27, 2020 "Happiness Through Poverty?"
Sunday, September 20, 2020, "The Pursuit of Happiness"
Sunday, September 13, 2020 "True Forgiveness"
Patriot Day Service 9-11-2020
Sunday, September 6, 2020 "Whatever You Do"
Sunday, August 30, 2020 "Open Our Eyes, Lord"
Sunday August 23, 2020 "Signs of the Times" Wayne Hill preaching
Sunday August 16, 2020 Part 1
LINKS TO PREVIOUS LIVE STREAMED SERVICES (recorded)
(Part 2, Mark Cable's concert, is no longer available)
Sunday, August 9, 2020 Part 1 Part 2
Sunday August 2, 2020 The God Who Sees Me
Sunday July 26, 2020 morning worship- God is Able!
July 19, 2020 part 1
, July 19, 2020 part 2
, July 19, 2020, part 3
July 12, 2020 Sunday Morning Worship
Independence Sunday morning worship, July 5, 2020
Sunday morning worship June 28, 2020
Father's Day, Sunday June 21, 2020
Sunday Morning worship, June 14, 2020
June 7, 2020 Sunday morning worship
May 31, 2020 Pentecost Sunday morning worship
May 24, 2020 Memorial Day Sunday: Be Strong and Courageous
May 17, 2020 Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing
May 10, 2020 Mother's Day morning worship
May 3, 2020 Sunday Morning Worship
April 26, 2020 Sunday Morning Worship
April 19, 2020 Sunday Morning Worship
Easter Sunday Service - April 12, 2020 11:00am
SONRISE service, April 12, 2020- 6:30am
Good Friday Evening Service, April 10, 2020
Holy Thursday April 9, 2020
Palm Sunday Live! April 5, 2020
March 29 Sunday Morning Worship
March 22 Sunday Morning Worship
OPPORTUNITIES TO GIVE TO OUR CHURCH
• Thank you, thank you to all those who have been giving to our church! It is important to our ministry that you continue to give of your tithes, gifts and offerings to the church.
• Please either donate online or mail your checks to Brooklawn United Methodist Church at 213 Maude Ave. Brooklawn, NJ 08030. You may also drop checks into the secure mail slot in the front door of the parsonage (213 Maude Ave).
• Online giving is available right from this page! Go to the "Donate Now" button in the upper right corner.
• Also, our Greater NJ Conference has made available another method for giving if you'd like to give with a credit card (which our site does not have). Go to: https://www.gnjumc.org/onlinegiving/ This will lead you to a place to include your information and our church information. So that you know what to fill in, our church name is Brooklawn, # is 1010, and town is Brooklawn! We are in the Gateway South District. Once the Conference processes your payment, they will forward a check to our church for the amount that is received. It works! We've already received checks from the Conference for the donations received to date, so thank you.
• We need your help! During this time especially, our financial support needs are up, both to sustain our current ministries and to answer the additional needs of a hurting world. This is an opportunity for Christian love to shine! We will be updating everyone on specific financial needs as we progress through this time.
• Our Food Pantry is still available for special needs. Those in need may contact the church at 456-0370. Right now, the pantry is well stocked, but we will still be taking donations because we are anticipating needs to increase. We are especially looking for hearty soups and stews, tuna and peanut butter & jelly donations. These items may be dropped off at the parsonage or Pastor Dan will arrange to pick them up. (Gift cards to food stores-- especially ShopRite-- are also very much appreciated.)
REACH OUT TO SOMEONE!!
• Now more than ever is the time to be the Church. Please check up on one another and those around you in your communities. Phone calls, especially to those by themselves or limited in being able to get out, are greatly appreciated. The best hugs right now are to offer prayer to one another! If you hear of Prayer requests, pass them on to Pastor Dan or Grace Gruen (931-7882).
• If you know of people with compromised immune systems or who are elderly, check that they have someone bringing them food. Let us know of those who may benefit most by a little shopping done by those of us who can. We are working with volunteers to coordinate efforts as we move forward.
• As we are in a continuously and rapidly changing environment brought on by this disease, we will be evaluating and adjusting our ministry plans accordingly, so remain flexible and help us to be creative. By all means email your ideas!
As children of God, we urge you to respond with faith rather than fear. Our lives are in God’s hands, and nothing – not even a global pandemic – can separate us from His love! Let us be people who share the much-needed gifts of prayer and peace with our family and friends.
We have a unique opportunity to be a light shining in a world that has suddenly become darker and more fearful. Let’s take care of each other, look after our neighbors in need, and comfort and pray for those who are feeling vulnerable. Use this time to draw close to God one-on-One, and to be still and know that He is God. Let’s go deep into prayer and ask God to use us to bring some good out of this very difficult time, including in our own hearts.
As always, please know that we welcome your questions and would love to hear from you if we can be of help.
Serving with You,
We're on Facebook!
Keep up to date through our Facebook page! We try to keep everything current on this site, but our Facebook page is sometimes even more up to date! Visit our page and give us a few "Likes!" Do you realize that everytime you "like" something on Facebook, everybody you are friends with will see that "like"? What easier, better way to spread the word about Brooklawn UMC, than to network through social media to all your friends about your church family!! So "Like" us on Facebook. Go to www.Facebook.com/Brooklawnumc/and check us out!